Thursday, March 12, 2009

Need Something Stronger Than Sarcasma

Just a little forewarning...I'm going to vent a little right now and let me just start off with saying that I in no way think that I am spotless or perfect.

So first of all I'm not in the best mood today and while I am perfectly in touch with the notion that I am not a slave to my moods, it sure feels that way sometimes. I seem to be resisting temptation to tell a few specific people that they actually in fact are the most annoying people on the planet and should in fact win an award for it. So, I feel like I'm doing pretty good so far because the urge is really strong today.

Then at lunch I'm in a public kitchen fixing my sandwich and there is not much room in there to begin with. A man comes in and starts opening his microwave meal and I'm thinking, he expects me to move, right? Well, I'm not moving today, I was here first and he will just have to wait. Then he reaches over me to try and put his stuff in the microwave forcing me to step back. But he can't even open the microwave because MY STUFF IS IN FRONT OF IT. So, he goes to the microwave on a shelf above it, still standing in front of me and tries to get it to work. He obviously is having a hard time pushing several buttons to no avail, while still STANDING IN FRONT OF ME, so he turns and asks me to help him get it working! This is all coming from a seemingly educated man, so he should have not excuse about his upbringing. FINALLY, he steps back and lets me finish what I was doing which took all of 2. whole. seconds. and the whole time he is in nervously hovering over me making chit chat, but I am so afraid of what I might say if I open my mouth for too long a period so I just give one word answers until I get can out of there. All I can say (that's appropriate) is: some people! I mean, really? There is nothing registering in your mind at all that what you are doing might be rude or inconsiderate in the least? I know, I know. I have no room to talk, but still its just really frustrating.

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

oh my gosh!! I need a name... I hope that your day gets a little better Cory!

Chelsey said...

re: your comment-
Thanks so much! I like this for my Everyday Display but will not be putting it in my album because those flowers are not CM/photosafe. I may do something similar for my album though. It has been up for a couple of days and Josh has not noticed it yet! :)

Amanda said...

Ha! You're hysterical! I hear exactly what you're saying. The same thing has been happening to me this week, and I, like you, have to remind myself that I am not a slave to my emotions! Boy, it would feel so good to just holler some though, wouldn't it? Or mock them out loud instead of in my head... :) You're not alone!!! Hang in there!