Tuesday, November 25, 2008

http://shakerheights.blogspot.com/2008/11/another-house-we-didnt-buy.html

After looking at this house, I am definitely having house lust and possibly considering moving to the Midwest. My husband and I are in the middle of a great financial plan to be completely dept free by the beginning of next fall. One of the reasons to be dept free (among others which I may discuss at a later time) is to buy a house. Just saying that phrase "purchase a house" seems strange on my virtual lips. It sounds remotely as if we were going to stop by Target and drive away an hour lately with our dream home in the back of my Hyundai. Investing in a house to me is a BIG deal. Jon and I have read the Rich Dad, Poor Dad books and follow Dave Ramsey pretty closely. We have always tried to be financially responsible and even smarter money-wise than the generations before us.

Our desires for a home are not exactly the average person's motivations for getting a house either. Jon and I have never been the typical American dream couple that has always wanted to get married, settle down, buy a house and have 2.5 kids. What we really want to do with a house is flip it! So, finding the right one may be a little more complicated than just finding the one that we think we would like living in.

Despite everything that is happening with the housing market, the husband and I think that it is a prime time for us to find a killer deal and in a couple of years will be the perfect time for us to flip it in time for the market to come back up.

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

You started a blog! Yay! be careful, it's addicting!

Heather said...

I used to live in University Heights, a stone's throw from Shaker Heights. I actually student taught at Onaway Elementary in Shaker Heights back when I was in college. It is a beautiful city!