Friday, January 9, 2009

Strangest Thing...

Been hearing a lot of buzz about the strange weather we were having in our area on Wednesday this week. Well, I have to say that I agree and have my own version of it.

I was sitting at my computer in the sunroom of my apartment, studying for my TEAS retake. Now, my sunroom has two windows facing east and one window off to the side facing southwest. Well, the wind had obnoxiously been beating on the southwest facing window all day long. This dark cloud cap settled over everything, leaving only a thin line of the brighter horizon. After awhile I suddenly looked up from the computer because a torrent of rain was pelting the southwest window. Then, I looked out the east window and thought I was losing my mind! The sun was suddenly shinning and no rain at all. Southwest window: heavy rain. East window: nothing but sun. I ran outside to try and make since of things.

I will tell you that I have driven into a wall of rain before, but I have never been right on the line of a rain cloud. It was crazy. There might have been just a few drops of rain coming down just on the border of the line from the torrenting rain, but that was it. I mean as far as the eye could see out looking east, it was clear and nothing but rain looking toward the west.

Then looking east, two rainbows appear side by side. One was really bright and the other one a little paler. I had no idea other people had seen them too. Check out Chelsey's blog http://scraphappychelsey.blogspot.com/2009/01/beauty-of-rainbow.html, she has some really nice pics of the rainbows.

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

Have fun passing the Fabby Award on!

Heather said...

That sounds very cool! We are just coming out of subzero temps. My kids had school cancelled for two days, not because of excessive snow, but excessive cold! we are actually looking forward to the high of 27 today!

betsy clark said...

A lot of people told me about the rainbows. I was sad I missed them :( That's so cool that you got to be right between storm and sunshine. That must have been amazing!